Healthcare Print Management Can Save More Than Just Time
Healthcare Print Management
Imagine your typical hospital. It’s pretty big, right?
Now imagine how many computers and printers there are in that hospital.
In one word: Many.
Healthcare facilities have hundreds of computing devices on one network in dozens of different locations; each may or may not have its own printer(s), which can make healthcare print management a complicated IT issue.
Like summer follows spring, the more printers there are in the facility, the more printer drivers, and that spells big incompatibility issues for the IT department and big user experience problems for the doctors, nurses and other health professionals.
By nature of their jobs, doctors and nurses are very mobile; they “roam’ from department to department, and ward to ward to tend to patients.
Can you imagine a nurse spend time searching for the correct printer across “zones” in the hospital to pick up a patient’s prescription print/output?
Time that could have been spent attending to other patients needs and saving more lives.
Interested in learning more about healthcare print management? Check out this free whitepaper on 4 ways printing virtualization augments healthcare VDI!
In addition, doctors are increasingly bringing (or demanding to bring) their own smart devices to the network.
All of these elements raise the probability of experiencing IT complexities and security concerns.
Healthcare print management provides a simple and cost effective printing solution to rectify these organizational inefficiencies.
Yet according to a recent U.S. HIMSS Analytics Report, printing is a business function that is largely overlooked by healthcare organizations due to other strategic priorities and/or lack of budget.
Forward thinking healthcare organizations should being thinking of future proofing their healthcare printing environment:
- Making printing and their printers super simple for IT to manage
- Enable doctors and health professionals to print from anywhere across the network, on any user device
- To print seamlessly with EMR EHR applications
- Enable print security at all times
This will create an all win situation. Patients will benefit as health professionals can focus on patient care rather than chase after paper print/output and worry about patient information confidentiality.
Health organization will also benefit from increased productivity, reduced printing costs and enhanced security and compliance.
Try UniPrint InfinityCloud
Whether you are printing at the office or at home, UniPrint InfinityCloud is the cloud printing solution of choice for your organization.
- How To Fix 10 Common Printer Problems
- Do Printers Have Memory? Should I Be Concerned
- Print Nightmare Exploit: A Detailed Analysis
- Pull Printing Explained: The Costs & Benefits of Deploying Pull Printing
- Cloud Computing vs On Premises: The Differences of Both Platforms
- Protecting Yourself from Printing Pain: Moving Traditional Print Management to the Cloud
- What is Cloud Printing? How Cloud Printing Works
- 7 Different Types of Cloud Computing Structures
- What is the difference between EMR and EHR?
- Citrix Printing Guide: How to Solve Your Citrix Printing Problems
- See All