Simplifying VDI Printer Management in VMware Environments
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) allows organizations to centralize control over desktop deployment and minimize administration costs, while allowing users full access to their desktop applications. Managing printer drivers in virtual desktop environments with a remote workforce is a challenging task for any IT department.
UniPrint Infinity extends the benefits of VMware Horizon to printing, IT administrators need only to install one printer driver on the “master virtual desktop image,” regardless of the printer make or model, at home or at remote sites.
Get UniPrint Infinity
Eliminating Your VMware Printing Challenges
UniPrint Inﬁnity™ is a truly secure enterprise-wide printer management solution for any computing environment. UniPrint Inﬁnity simpliﬁes printer management and enables anywhere, anytime, any device, secure follow the user printing across different platforms, ofﬁces and geographies, helping to create enterprise-wide efﬁciency and reduce printing costs.
PDF Download: UniPrint Infinity for VMware Horizon
- Supports thin and thick, local and remote clients connecting to VDI
- Supports VMware printing over PCoIP or Blast Extreme on VMware Horizon®
- Solves all printer driver incompatibility issues and enhances server stability
- Converts print data to PDF files, saving over 90% bandwidth consumption
- Allows centralized management across the network
- Enables location-based clientless printing to networked printers
- Provides end-to-end print data encryption
How it works
How it Works
UniPrint Inﬁnity can be installed in many types of IT architectures such as Client/Server, Print Server-based, VMware, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft failover cluster and High Availability printing architectures.
Also, along with universal print driver functionality, UniPrint Inﬁnity can also be set up for secure pull printing, mobile printing for iOS, Android and Chrome OS, print job statistics monitoring, automated print job archiving, compressed branch ofﬁce printing and Smart Route printing.
In the Print Server-based architecture, workstation and/or thin-client users print through their virtual desktop sessions to network printers. The following three components are required to be installed on two servers and on the master virtual desktop images: UniPrint Bridge with the License Server, UniPrint Print Server and UniPrint Application Server.
UniPrint Client is optional and is only required for those printing to client attached desktop printers.
Now Available: VMware Solution Exchange Marketplace
Why UniPrint Infinity?
UniPrint Infinity printing virtualization solution offers one PDF-based, vendor agnostic Universal Printer Driver (UPD) and one Virtual Print Queue (VPQ) built on one central management platform that can be easily installed and cleanly integrated into any VDI or Cloud printing infrastructure.
UniPrint VMware printing preserves the user experience while simplifying printer and especially printer driver management in VMware Horizon VDI environments.
- Software-based printing solution
- PDF-based Universal Printer Driver platform
- Secure Virtual Print Queue technology
- Centralized management console
- PDF conversion/compression; also for instant archiving, emailing and merging multiple PDF ﬁle before printing
- Gateway Module for client-less printing
- PrintPAL for centralized printer mapping
- Printer Proﬁles for centralized printer proﬁle customization
- Secure Pull Printing and End-to-end 256-bit encryption
- Statistics & Archiving-Auditing