Enterprise Device Management: 3 Best Practices for ensuring a Secured, Simplified Environment
When it comes to improving employee experience when interacting with IT, freedom of choice has become the focus of today’s enterprise world.
By enabling employees to select the devices they are most comfortable with and accustomed to for their specific requirements, firms are able to significantly improve their enterprise security and enhance employee productivity levels.
Through deploying the appropriate enterprise device management strategies, IT departments can make sure that their guidelines and technological infrastructure are fully updated and capable of protecting sensitive corporate information while helping to cut down on expenses and enhance employee experience.
The ideal enterprise device management strategy should encompass all of the following:
- Provide employees with the choice to select their own devices, enabling them to become more agile and efficient
- Fortify confidential data to prevent possible breaches and enhance overall infrastructure security
- Cost reduction achieved through automated supervision of enterprise network-connected devices and implementation of a shared expenses model
- Simplification of management by deploying a single management solution, through which all data and devices are centrally monitored and regulated
The following are three best practices that can aid your enterprise in achieving an environment that promotes infrastructure and data security, simplified IT management, and enterprise cost savings!
Regulation and Categorization of Employees
It is vital to clarify who amongst employees are allowed to make use of their personal devices, in order to promote secure and successful enterprise device management.
This may be on an individual level or on a broader departmental scale.
You should ensure that your regulation is clear with regards to the usage details, and whether the employees or departments are permitted to use their personal devices for certain functions and not for others, or if they are only to be used to supplement an enterprise device, such as a PC workstation, or if they are being deployed to completely replace current corporate infrastructure.
Criteria used to regulate and categorize employee allowance for personal device usage may include factors such as job classification, travel requirements, and need for mobile access to confidential corporate information.
Check out our whitepaper below on how to achieve a secure print infrastructure!
Regulation of Devices
In order to bypass the complexity of having to manage a large number of different types of personal devices, with varying support requirements and security mechanisms, you should regulate the allowance of devices to ensure that only selected devices that comply with your enterprises’ security and support standards are allowed to be used.
Based on your organization’s existing standards and security and support policies, employees should either purchase their own devices, if your policies allow for greater flexibility, or through your procurement division, if your organization implements stricter policies with regards to data security and IT support.
Deploying a single management console for managing an entire corporate network of connected devices from a single point, is also a great idea for firms looking to simply their IT management!
Sharing of Expenses
For most enterprises, cost reduction is one of the primary goals of adopting an environment which promotes the use of personal mobile devices for their workforce.
Your firm’s policy should ensure that workers pay for either a portion, or majority of the cost associated with the use of their personal devices, although they are being used for work.
Some organizations do subsidize a portion of the cost associated with purchasing personal devices used for work purposes, with subsidies usually covering about 20 percent of the device cost.
Partial subsidization of mobile device cost may encourage employees to go mobile and enhance their productivity levels on the go!
Try UniPrint InfinityCloud
Whether you are printing at the office or at home, UniPrint InfinityCloud is the cloud printing solution of choice for your organization.
- New Printing Security Nightmare You Need to Be Aware of in 2021
- Enterprise Green Printing: Why You Need to Start Green Printing
- UniPrint Infinity Launches Support for Universal Print by Microsoft
- 4 Options to Consider With Google Cloud Printing End of Life
- Process Fusion Successfully SOC 2 Type 2 Compliant
- UniPrint Infinity: Are you ready for Citrix Synergy ’19?
- Building a Print Security Strategy: 7 Factors to Consider
- HIMSS 2019 – Digital Transformation Through Digital Input and Output
- 6 Trends that will Redefine the Print Industry in 2019
- 3 Best Implementation Practices to Prepare for a VDI Environment
- See All