Enterprise Print Management: How to Establish Consistent Printing in Multi Hybrid Environments
Consistent Printing in Multi Hybrid Environments
One of the biggest challenges for any new technology is user acceptance, whether it is from the IT department or end users.
Without full scale acceptance, not much will be implemented despite high ROI and senior executive sponsorship.
There are two main challenges that you must overcome to establish full scale acceptance.
Many large enterprises house multi-hybrid environments whether they are a combination of Windows, Mac or Linux.
This usually results in overall user printing experience is not the same across platforms, which causes the problem of users having to remember different processing of printing on different platforms.
This not only complicates things for system administrators and end users, but it also disrupts their workflow.
System admin end up having to spend more time and resources fixing different printing issues on different platforms, and end users need to spend more time figuring out how to print.
Interested in learning more about printing in a multi hybrid environment? Check out this free checklist on 30 questions you should ask when inquiring about enterprise printing solutions!
End-user printing acceptance
The big challenge in end user acceptance is ensuring their printing workflow improves from the use of the software as opposed to creating more problems.
End users care about:
- Ease of installation – How easy is it for them to set up the software on their desktop, laptop, or mobile device?
- Ease of use – Once installed, how easy is it for them to learn to use the software? Are there many steps for them to remember or does it provide a single easy printing experience?
- Workflow – Is the overall printing experience making them more efficient at their job? Do they have more control to print when, where and how they want?
So how do you go about establishing a consistent and secure end user printing experience?
Deploying Consistent User Experience
If you are a large enterprise who deploys multiple environments like Windows, Mac and Linux, there is an easy solution for you to implement.
Windows & Mac Environments
Third party printing software solutions feature three key areas:
- UPD – A universal printer driver negates the need to install multiple printer manufacturer drivers, eliminates printer mapping issues and the process of printer updates & certifications.
- VPQ – A virtual print queue centralizes & simplifies printer management. It functions as a personal print queue for end users, who can choose what document to release their print job to any printer on-demand.
- Centralized Management Console – Allows system administrators to remotely manage the enterprise’s printing environment from a single console.
By also further deploying a secure pull printing solution, it allows for a consistent end user printing experience, by allow them to release their print jobs wherever and whenever they want.
System administrators simply need deploy a Windows or Mac agent across platforms which then print through the local queue.
This allows all end users to send any file forms from any device or platform to the Virtual Print Queue and then releasing them at the printer.
An email to print add-on will be your choice solution to bridge the consistency gap for Linux environments with Windows and Mac.
Email to print works by allowing end users to print by emailing any attached documents to a special email address.
The user is then emailed back a security PIN code, and all they need to do is walk over to the nearest printer, enter in their PIN into the print appliance and release their print job.
The best part is, no client software or drivers are required for set up, giving a consistent solution for Linux users to print from any device that can send an email.
Try UniPrint Infinity
Whether you are using virtualization solutions or physical desktops, UniPrint Infinity is the print management solution of choice for your organization.
- UniPrint Infinity: Are you ready for Citrix Synergy ’19?
- Building a Print Security Strategy: 7 Factors to Consider
- HIMSS 2019 – Digital Transformation Through Digital Input and Output
- 6 Trends that will Redefine the Print Industry in 2019
- 3 Best Implementation Practices to Prepare for a VDI Environment
- Enterprise Mobility and Printing: The Workforce of the Future
- Printing in a Digital World
- Mobility and Workforce Productivity: A Trend You Simply Can’t Afford to Overlook!
- Enterprise Device Management: 3 Best Practices for ensuring a Secured, Simplified Environment
- Virtualization: 2 Big Reasons Why You Need to Consider Virtualized Printing
- See All