Print Serverless Printing: Is it Right for your IT Environment?
Is Serverless Printing Right For Your Print Environment?
Print serverless printing enables direct Internet Protocol (IP) printing from computers to network printers.
Each workstation is configured to connect directly to each printer with each corresponding printer driver.
This type of setup removes the complication of having a piece of dedicated server for printer purposes.
Serverless Printing Benefits
Enables fast and stable printing as print traffic goes directly from the workstation to the mapped printer.
A serverless printing setup removes any single points of failure and is inherently redundant, so users can continue to print even if there is a WAN outage or a server failure.
Interested in learning more about serverless printing? Check out this free whitepaper on remote site print servers!
Serverless Printing Issues
Print maintenance becomes a hassle with serverless printing as IT admins need to individually update workstations that print to a specified printer.
Print security is also an issue, since printers are no longer a part of Active Directory, admins have very little control over them.
Third Party Serverless Printing Solutions
There are third party serverless printing solutions available that work by having an agent run on each workstation, which then automates the connection to a specified printer and provides access control to admins through Active Directory.
Try UniPrint InfinityCloud
Whether you are printing at the office or at home, UniPrint InfinityCloud is the cloud printing solution of choice for your organization.
- New Printing Security Nightmare You Need to Be Aware of in 2021
- Enterprise Green Printing: Why You Need to Start Green Printing
- UniPrint Infinity Launches Support for Universal Print by Microsoft
- 4 Options to Consider With Google Cloud Printing End of Life
- Process Fusion Successfully SOC 2 Type 2 Compliant
- UniPrint Infinity: Are you ready for Citrix Synergy ’19?
- Building a Print Security Strategy: 7 Factors to Consider
- HIMSS 2019 – Digital Transformation Through Digital Input and Output
- 6 Trends that will Redefine the Print Industry in 2019
- 3 Best Implementation Practices to Prepare for a VDI Environment
- See All