Print Serverless Printing: Is it Right for your IT Environment?
Is Serverless Printing Right For Your Print Environment?
Print serverless printing enables direct Internet Protocol (IP) printing from computers to network printers.
Each workstation is configured to connect directly to each printer with each corresponding printer driver.
This type of setup removes the complication of having a piece of dedicated server for printer purposes.
Serverless Printing Benefits
Enables fast and stable printing as print traffic goes directly from the workstation to the mapped printer.
A serverless printing setup removes any single points of failure and is inherently redundant, so users can continue to print even if there is a WAN outage or a server failure.
Interested in learning more about serverless printing? Check out this free whitepaper on remote site print servers!
Serverless Printing Issues
Print maintenance becomes a hassle with serverless printing as IT admins need to individually update workstations that print to a specified printer.
Print security is also an issue, since printers are no longer a part of Active Directory, admins have very little control over them.
Third Party Serverless Printing Solutions
There are third party serverless printing solutions available that work by having an agent run on each workstation, which then automates the connection to a specified printer and provides access control to admins through Active Directory.
Try UniPrint InfinityCloud
Whether you are printing at the office or at home, UniPrint InfinityCloud is the cloud printing solution of choice for your organization.
- Pull Printing Explained: The Costs & Benefits of Deploying Pull Printing
- Cloud Computing vs On Premises: The Differences of Both Platforms
- Protecting Yourself from Printing Pain: Moving Traditional Print Management to the Cloud
- What is Cloud Printing? How Cloud Printing Works
- 7 Different Types of Cloud Computing Structures
- What is the difference between EMR and EHR?
- Citrix Printing Guide: How to Solve Your Citrix Printing Problems
- Healthcare Expert Roundup: 10 Best Practices for Rolling Out Epic EMR
- How to Print from Anywhere: Your Guide to Printing on the Go
- 7 Criteria for Selecting a Print Management Vendor
- See All