UniPrint Saves Vital Time for Medical Practitioners and Improves Patient Care in a large Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Environment
St. Joseph Health staff reap time savings with fast, error-proof, location-based printing that overcomes print management and user profile corruption issues.
Toronto, Canada, April 9, 2015: UniPrint (www.uniprint.net), the world leader in printing virtualization, today announced that St. Joseph Health (SJH) US has deployed UniPrint Infinity™ software in their Citrix XenDesktop and MEDITECH HIS (health information system) environment across their healthcare delivery system. With an extraordinarily busy emergency department handling over 90,000 patients a year at their Orange hospital facility, St. Joseph clinicians deem every second of effective treatment time as critical to patient care outcomes.
“As doctors, we need to print prescriptions, patient histories, medical records, X-rays, discharge papers and more, and it’s important that we can do it in a timely manner,” commented Dr. Brian Lee, physician at SJHO. “In a fast-paced medical environment, any delay counts as a big one.” Neither the selection of printer, nor printer setup once facilitated was effective, with users frequently trying up to 20 minutes before calling IT support. The need to reduce the number of these calls to the IT service desk, together with reducing IT staff’s growing overhead installing and managing the sprawling print estate, was reaching a tipping point. SJH recognized that the benefits of UniPrint Infinity software, with its PDF-based Universal Print Driver, could negate the need for installing multiple printer vendor drivers for each printer model in use in a VDI environment. In addition, UniPrint’s Smart Print Routing Module allows role-based printer mapping, bypassing MEDITECH’s single printer definition challenges. Now VDI users can select printers with ease and ensure the nearest printer is always readily available.
The Solution in Practice:
After successfully using UniPrint Infinity software for more than a year, SJH are well placed to comment on the effectiveness of UniPrint Infinity print management solution in healthcare environments and appreciate that it has totally streamlined SJH’s printing workflow. According to Dr. Lawrence Martinelli, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, “Since UniPrint has been installed, we have seen IT support calls drop by about 75%.” Mistaken or lost print jobs are a thing of the past. Patient confidentiality is now assured. Wasted paper is minimized as staff can now elect whether to print on prescription or regular paper. In terms of productivity, health care staff can now focus on patient care and spend less time frustrated with grating technology issues, while IT staff can focus on delivering better workflow and IT solutions instead of trouble shooting mundane printing issues.
David Baker, Vice President IT sums up the installation: “With UniPrint, our medical personnel get time back in their day. There’s less frustration because they no longer have to decide which printer they want to use, based on their location. UniPrint chooses for them. There are fewer calls to the Service Desk about printing issues because the product just works.”
Key Benefits Include:
- Fast and error-proof location-based printing
- Simplified printer management for a large network of printers
- Improved printing speed by reducing bandwidth usage
- Quick and easy implementation, doctors and nurses trained in minutes
- Improved workflow leading to improved clinical care
- Reduction of print-related help desk calls by over75%, resulting in lower IT admin costs
- Secure, on-demand printing affords better protection of patient data
- Reduced paper waste (particularly in a clinical environment)
Visit www.uniprint.net to download a FREE 30-day product trial. For further information or to schedule a demo in your own healthcare environment, e-mail [email protected]
UniPrint, a division of ACCEO Solutions Inc. (www.acceo.com), is the recognized leader in printing virtualization. The newest solution in UniPrint’s patented, award-winning product line, UniPrint Infinity is the industry’s first truly secure enterprise-wide solution for any computing environment. Enabling anywhere, anytime, any device secure pull printing, UniPrint Infinity comes with a proven ROI through its statistics module, print document archiving functionality and Virtual Print Queue technology. UniPrint Infinity replaces all manufacturer printer drivers with a single PDF generator to promote faster, more efficient printing, helping organizations to improve both productivity and return on investments. For additional information on UniPrint, please visit www.uniprint.net.
UniPrint Infinity is the trademark of ACCEO Solutions Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
- Process Fusion Announces Free Student Cloud Printing From Any Device for K-12 Education
- Digital Transformation Re-Defined by UniPrint.Net and Process Fusion Inc. Merger
- UniPrint.Net Announces New Partnership with ProcessFlows in the UK
- UniPrint.net Redesigns Partner Portal
- UniPrint.net Releases Newest Software Version 10 Worldwide
- UniPrint.net Acquires ePRINTit USA Inc.
- UniPrint Infinity Now Available in Epic App Orchard
- UniPrint Infinity v9.1.1 is now Live!
- The American Red Cross Relieves VDI Printing Pains with UniPrint Infinity
- UniPrint’s eHealth Conference 2017 Booth Contest Winner
- See All